Sunday, May 21, 2023

"Wilson" by Steve Hussy

"He touched my arm and something switched inside. He was suddenly inside my skin, my fingernails in my brain. He was no worse than other bosses, nothing special, no... he was just HERE. I felt hugely disgusted by everything about him.

"The way his grey eyes didn't blink enough. His plastic hair and the tiny suits he wore. The way he squinted when he fake smiled at me. His satisfied laugh, the noise it made in his throat. The smell of coffee and shit on his breath. His look of untroubled indifference."

~~ from "Wilson" by Steve Hussy in The Savage Kick Literary Magazine: The Early YearsIssues #1, #2, #3, #4


No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...