~~ from East Goes West by Younghill Kang
Alex Kudera’s award-winning novel, Fight for Your Long Day (Atticus Books), was drafted in a walk-in closet during a summer in Seoul, South Korea. Auggie’s Revenge (Beating Windward Press) is his second novel. His numerous short stories include “Frade Killed Ellen” (Dutch Kills Press), “Bombing from Above” (Heavy Feather Review), and “A Thanksgiving” (Eclectica Magazine).
Saturday, June 19, 2021
so thin and underfed
"Every once in a while at the hotel there would be a banquet. A banquet it was indeed, even for those lined up at the back door, the extra helps. Sometimes as many as twenty additional hands were called in. I noticed that at a banquet—behind the scenes at least—nobody seemed to get tired of eating, ever. At the beginning we were idle for a few minutes sometimes. Then each contrived to get a handful of nuts or a swallow of coffee . . . taking our last course first. I could see why the extra helpers ate. They all looked so thin and underfed, I think they had no other job. Day after day just waiting for banquets.Maybe they called at all the big hotels. Maybe they hunted garbage. I don't know."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day at affordable prices
Why pay less when spending more is so easy and free? Right. In other words, if anyone would like a shipped paperback copy of Auggie...
No comments:
Post a Comment