Sunday, August 18, 2019

Easy Rider

If I'm not mistaken, back when Paris was full of movie theaters, it was said that you could find Easy Rider playing somewhere in town any night of the week. Which makes it fitting that I first saw Easy Rider in a movie theater in Paris, and in fact, it's the only film I've ever seen in a theater in Europe. (I suppose I should hop across the pond to bus dishes more often.) Since that initial viewing, I've rented Easy Rider a couple times--good film even if the Southern stereotyping is over-the-top. I've never even heard of the other Peter Fonda film the cool kids on here are mentioning, but I liked Ulee's Gold, and I have no recollection of any Fondas in The Limey, which to me, was okay, not great. I miss previous versions of America, some of which are presented in various Fonda family films although I'm not thinking of Jane Fonda's Barbarella, which my father, accidentally or not, took me to see when I was nine years old. R.I.P, Peter.

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...