Novelist-trucker-teacher-father Dave Newman included some great lines in these responses to my interview questions. Excerpt, you ask?
On writing and the married life:
I didn’t ever plan on marrying. I figured it was an either/or situation. You
either wrote, which required hours of reading and writing, or you got married,
which required hours of marriage stuff, whatever that was. Then I found myself
in Vegas, getting married to a woman I barely knew, and I was unbelievably happy
about it. My wife is awesome, and she’s a great writer, and we support each
others’ writing in every way possible. It really speeds up the process to know
you have someone in the other room who wants to read your writing, not is
willing to, but wants to. We both have three published books now. We had a
combined total of zero books before we were married.
Be sure to check out the full interview at Karen the Small Press Librarian.
Alex Kudera’s award-winning novel, Fight for Your Long Day (Atticus Books), was drafted in a walk-in closet during a summer in Seoul, South Korea. Auggie’s Revenge (Beating Windward Press) is his second novel. His numerous short stories include “Frade Killed Ellen” (Dutch Kills Press), “Bombing from Above” (Heavy Feather Review), and “A Thanksgiving” (Eclectica Magazine).
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day
Auggie's Revenge at affordable prices
Why pay less when spending more is so easy and free? Right. In other words, if anyone would like a shipped paperback copy of Auggie...
No comments:
Post a Comment