Although I haven't bought a book from amazon in almost two months, I'm one of the shoppers guilty of being lured by discounts and ignoring book community pleas to support Indy bookstores. This got my attention though:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/employees-faced-brutal-working-conditions-amazon-warehouse-135842747.html
We'll see how it plays out, but it's the kind of thing that one could almost assume to be true. Not once have I heard of an Indy bookstore employee complaining of heat exhaustion or brutal working conditions.
Have you?
And, of course, it was never my experience at the brick and mortar bookstores, including a Borders, that I worked in years ago.
Alex Kudera’s award-winning novel, Fight for Your Long Day (Atticus Books), was drafted in a walk-in closet during a summer in Seoul, South Korea. Auggie’s Revenge (Beating Windward Press) is his second novel. His numerous short stories include “Frade Killed Ellen” (Dutch Kills Press), “Bombing from Above” (Heavy Feather Review), and “A Thanksgiving” (Eclectica Magazine).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day
Auggie's Revenge at affordable prices
Why pay less when spending more is so easy and free? Right. In other words, if anyone would like a shipped paperback copy of Auggie...
No comments:
Post a Comment