In September, in the first time in forever, I had time and inclination to read substantial portions of Harper's Magazine. I had the August and September issues available and less access to other reading that I typically would. From the September issue, Sheila Heti's "The New Age Bible: On the origins of A Course in Miracles" and Tanya Gold's "My Auschwitz Vacation: On Holocaust Tourism" are particularly good. My August issue reads included William T. Vollmann's "Korean Hearts at the DMZ," and I am just now getting into Ellyn Gaydos's "On Stones: Carving in the Granite Capital of the World."
Alex Kudera’s award-winning novel, Fight for Your Long Day (Atticus Books), was drafted in a walk-in closet during a summer in Seoul, South Korea. Auggie’s Revenge (Beating Windward Press) is his second novel. His numerous short stories include “Frade Killed Ellen” (Dutch Kills Press), “Bombing from Above” (Heavy Feather Review), and “A Thanksgiving” (Eclectica Magazine).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day
Auggie's Revenge at affordable prices
Why pay less when spending more is so easy and free? Right. In other words, if anyone would like a shipped paperback copy of Auggie...
No comments:
Post a Comment