Thursday, September 13, 2018

After Noon by Don Riggs

After Noon
I eat lunch with a group of older men.
Some of them are older than me; others,
my own age, are older than most people
around us--"kids," we call them, teenagers
and twentysomethings, many of them born
this side of Y2K, whereas we have
lived most of our lives in the previous
century. Students don't know what I mean
when I refer to recent books written
back in the 1980s, and those from
the 'sixties and 'seventies, when the Now
Generation was in the ascendant,
have receded to the Middle Ages,
which I consider myself still part of.

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...