Friday, November 29, 2013

thankful for a five-star review

Of course, I could, and would, complain, but aside from the usual, I'm thankful for this new, unsolicited review that I discovered earlier this week for my college commencement story. If you prefer reading for free to shopping at discount, you're welcome to check it out anywhere e-books or downloaded or right off the screen at smashwords.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Is This All There Is? November 25, 2013
By BirdieTracy  
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
 
When I started reading this story I groaned. Was this going to be another tale of collegiate pothead paradise? I am sincerely glad I kept reading. As I read I became convinced that not only did the author attend college, but he has had time to mature and synthesize his experience.

The story centers around a young man who is just about to graduate. As he walks around campus he encounters a wide variety of students. The earnest protesters of the current flavor of evil, those who want to stick it to the man- as long as they don't get caught and other assorted wildlife. It is to be a day of pocket epiphanies.

If I sound dismissive then let me assure you that I am not. College students walk the razor thin line between childhood's final end and adulthood. For the most part, the only ones unconcerned about what comes next are those who already have an in somewhere (and I would imagine that even they are sweating bullets). There is an overwhelming feeling of "is this it?"

The author does a tremendous job of pulling all of this together. And I have to thank him for briefly putting me "back in the day."
 
 

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...