Sunday, July 3, 2011

prizewinners die broke?

Well, I doubt that's invariably true, but the gold stickers on the wall haven't lifted me away from run-down townhouse living on the poorer side of university town, South Carolina. The optimistic angle could be that the final days of living on Mom's couch have been avoided so far (Et tu, Kerouac, Exley, et al). To be frank, I have a feeling that sobriety and fear will keep me working and dull enough to support myself for many more years.





It ain't exactly the Nobel or Pulitzer, but I suppose an Indy regional prize is better than nothing at all.

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...