Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hurricanes Anonymous

Matt Johnson's "Hurricanes Anonymous" (found in the 2009 Best American Short Stories) will not disappoint. I think it is the only short story I've read that takes place after Katrina and Rita, but I'm sure there must be many more. Any good ones come to mind?

The Joseph Epstein story in this collection is quite strong too although his story about a famous writer in another recent Best American Stories (sorry, no date) struck me as an amazing one. Epstein apparently writes about writers (and their widows) quite a bit. I'm the kind of writer who will gobble these down.

Eleanor Henderson next!

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...