I suspect some of you remember Phil Jackson's first year with the Lakers when Kobe Bryant received Paul Beatty's The White Boy Shuffle while Shaq got stuck with Nietzsche's version of the Superman (Thus Spake or Spoke, you decide). This time around, it looks like a few players got lucky with Walter Mosley novels while Ron Artest will be quizzed on Thus Spake Phil and Pau Gasol earned Roberto Bolano's thousand pager, 2666. I guess Phil knows Pau has time to read on the exercise bike as he paces himself to full hamstring strength.
Here's the full roster of Phil's reads at The New Yorker.
And, yes, I know I'm the last person who should be questioning anyone else's injuries and recoveries. Oy.
Alex Kudera’s award-winning novel, Fight for Your Long Day (Atticus Books), was drafted in a walk-in closet during a summer in Seoul, South Korea. Auggie’s Revenge (Beating Windward Press) is his second novel. His numerous short stories include “Frade Killed Ellen” (Dutch Kills Press), “Bombing from Above” (Heavy Feather Review), and “A Thanksgiving” (Eclectica Magazine).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day
Auggie's Revenge and Fight for Your Long Day at affordable prices
Why pay less when spending more is so easy and free? Right. In other words, if anyone would like a shipped paperback copy of Auggie...
No comments:
Post a Comment