Sunday, July 12, 2009

Are you broke or poor?

Attention:

Here is a short piece I enjoyed by Walter Aske: http://whenfallsthecoliseum.com/2009/07/12/the-pleasures-of-poverty/

The writer says he is headed to Europe to teach English as a foreign language in about 6 weeks; I suppose that is part of his plan to escape his shift from being broke to being impoverished.

As a sad side note, an American friend of mine in Europe tells me that "TEFL" work (Aske's acronym) has about 100 suitors per position these days and the pay if thirteen dollars per hour. For Aske, our reporter on the ground, and anyone else trying to tour the continent and earn a few bucks, I pray I misunderstood. Please tell me that was euros, not dollars.

At ease.

No comments:

Featured Post

Book Reviews for Fight for Your Long Day

Genealogies of Modernity " Fight for Your Long Loud Laughs " by Jeffrey Wald at Genealogies of Modernity (January 2022) The Chron...